Hello everyone! Let’s take a look what I learned in 19 January 2021, shall we?
#1 - Improve build times by extracting 3rd party tooling to processing script
Good information and a script for improved build times from @merowing_
“Only 6 seconds or as much as 6 seconds? Let’s put this into context:
- I build a project between 200-400 times on an average workday.
- Let’s assume 90% of the time we don’t need to run those tools with each build.
- We have 30 iOS developers working on the main app
Lower limit: 200 * 6s * 30 * 90* => 9 hours wasted per day
We are wasting 45 hours per week, if we can improve that it’s almost like hiring a new full-time developer, except it’s free.”
#2 - iOS UI Design Inspirations
Source: Swift News
Good website to check out design inspiration from live and published apps. Also, component filters are available.
For today, there are two really cool tools that I found out from iOS Dev Weekly:
- Raycast → Spotlight + Alfred + even more
- Emerge Tools → Diagnostics about your app size
I hope you liked what you heard and I am really looking forward to seeing you in the next one!
Keep up to date and follow @kahyalar.xyz on Instagram. DMs are always welcome! 🔥
You can reach out to me via Contact Form, Email and social media icons in the left. 💌
Until next one,